Getting Items from Other Libraries
Some of the books and journals listed in the library databases are not
owned by Fogler Library. To obtain these materials you can
- use a library catalog request function (books only)
- request an interlibrary loan or "ILL" (books, journal articles, and
- visit another library and read or copy materials.
Most items requested through the catalog or ILL arrive at Fogler Library
within 2 weeks.
- Interlibrary Loan
(also available via Article Linker
- Get PDF copies of articles from other libraries delivered to your e-mail
- Get paper copies of articles mailed to Fogler Library. Pick up the
copies at the Reserve Desk.
- Don't mind a short drive for an article? Use the
Maine Serials List to identify nearby libraries that own the journal you
need. Search for the title of the journal or "Source" (do not search for the
title of the article).
Books and Other Materials