This guide is designed to provide information regarding funding sources for research, performance and special projects.
Because of the interdisciplinary nature of funding, books on this topic can be
found in several subject classifications of the reference area.
URSUS contains the records of all the books in the stacks and in reference.
Reference books can be used inside the
library. Books in the stacks
may be checked out.
Search Terms for URSUS
- "proposal writing in research"
- "proposal writing for grants"
- "research grants"
- The Foundation Center's Guide to Proposal Writing Ref HG177.5.U6 G44 2004
- Webster's New World Grant Writing Handbook Ref HG177 .W37 2004
Foundation Directory Online - Database on grantmakers, grants,
foundations and IRS 990. Fogler access only.
Pivot- Integrated database that combines funding opportunities with
researcher profiles. Available remotely.
Directories and Indexes provide information about grantmakers and the
requirements for the grants that they fund.
American Library Association Grants Web Site (for ALA grants)
- Annual Register of Grant Support Ref AS 911 A2 A67
- Directory of Grants in the Humanities Ref AZ188.
U5 D5 6 2009
- Directory of Research Grants Ref LB 2338
- Directory of Maine Grantmakers Ref HV98 .M2 D5 2004
- Foundation Directory Ref As911 .A2 F65 2007
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Ref LB 2336 F62 2013
- Grants Register Ref LB 2338 G7 2010
- Guide to U.S. Foundations, their Trustees, Officers, and
Donors Ref AS911 .A2 N37 2007
Directory of Maine Grantmakers - grantmakers in Maine Ref HV98 .M2 D5 2004
- Maine Philanthropy
Center - links to
Maine grantmakers and information about basic grantmaking
Created by: Cynthia Crosser |