Introduction to Library Research: Finding Articles
Search for articles
and Databases link located on the library's
home page to locate
journal and newspaper articles (citations and
Databases are arranged alphabetically by title and also grouped by
Locate a specific journal, magazine or newspaper title
If the index does not include the full-text of the
article, there are two options for obtaining it.
- Search URSUS
to see if the library has a print or electronic subscription to the
- Click on Journal/Magazine/Newspaper from the
URSUS main menu.
- Enter the title of the journal or newspaper in
which the article was published
- If a match is found, the record will indicate where the
journal or newspaper is located (e.g., online, current
periodicals, microfilm, microfiche, periodical stacks, Science &
Engineering periodicals or annex) and the dates of coverage.
- Requests for periodicals stored in the
be made at the
& Reserve Desk.
- Check out the
Floor Plan for specific locations.
- Journals/Magazines/Newspapers cannot be taken out of the
Sample URSUS record:
- If the library does not subscribe to the journal or
newspaper in which your article appears, you can request
the article online through
Please note, it takes about 1 week to receive a digital copy of your
request (sometimes longer if the item is being sent from an