Scene 1: As the title page scrolls across the screen music begins to play in the background. This film is a series of historical photos and video of Raymond H. Fogler Library from 1941 to 2006.
· The first image is a sign that announces that this is where the new library will be built. The year is 1941.
· Next image is of the ground breaking ceremony someone is speaking at the podium with other distinguished guest sitting behind him.
· The next few slides are of exterior and interior architectural drawings of the building.
· Next there is a series of slides of the actual construction of the new library.
· The date 1942 appears and a picture of the library building without a roof.
· The date 1964 appears and photos of the exterior the completed library.
· The date 1967 appears and we see photos of the interior of the library from the Presidents Room on the second floor of the library. In the last frame of this series the date 1972 appears.
· The next series of photos is of the Flag Room. The Circulation department is located in the Flag Room at this time. A series of photos cover students studying at tables. The Date 1973 appears and the series of photos show that the Flag Room now contains the card catalog cabinets and the next series of photos show people looking through the card catalogs.
· Next a series of photos of the Science and Engineering Center with students sitting at long tables studying.
· Next a few photos of the north end of the library with students studying at small tables, following these is a photo of the Oakes Room with students sitting in small groups studying.
· Next is an outside photo of a sign announcing the site of the new addition to the library, the date is 1974. Following this side is an architectural photo of the new addition, and then a photo of several people at a ground breaking ceremony.
· Next is a series of photos of the construction of the new addition.
· Next date is 1976. The photo series begins with an outside photo of the completed library addition. Then the series of photos returns to the interior of the new addition showing the new location of the card catalog.
· Next is a series of photos of the interior of the new addition from the card catalog area to scenes of second and third floor book stacks where the date is 1977.
· Next date is 1980. A series of photos of students studying and napping.
· Next a series of photos in various locations of the library showing book stacks and students searching for materials.
· Next is a series of photos of the Oakes Room with students relaxing and reading news papers.
· The film returns to the new addition and the location of the Circulation Department, included are some of the first public computer stations.
· New date1986. The scene begins at the Circulation Desk in the new additions with a series of photos from different areas of Circulation.
· Next series of photos begins with an older photo of the North Charge Out and then fades to the year 2006 of the same location. The series then returns to the Presidents Room in the year of 2006 and moves to the Lynch Room which is now the University Club. From the University Club we return to the Oakes Room which is now a coffee shop. From the Oakes Room, the next series of photos is of the current location of Circulation. The camera pans the Reserve Reading Room near the Circulation desk.
· The video now returns to the new addition where the Circulation department was located and we now see this location as the Information Commons. The card catalog has been replaced with many public computer stations. The camera pans the Information Commons area.
· Next the video returns outside of the library with panning shorts of the old and the new additions. The last image is of the old addition and stops with an image of the Maine State Flag. The film then fades to black and the film ends.