Databases: find journal articles,
technical reports, standards, etc.
- Academic Search Complete. Provides full text for over 3,200 scholarly publications.
- Bitpipe.com. IT professional's guide to information technology resources. Browse this free online library for the latest technical white papers, webcasts and product information to help you make intelligent IT product purchasing decisions.
- Business Source Complete. Provides full text for over 2500 business
- Citeseer.com. Scientific
Literature Digital Library. NEC Corp. Indexes Postscript and PDF research
articles on the Web. Has citation searching component.
- IngentaConnect (Formerly UnCover).
Coverage is 1988 - Present.
Premier. Provides full text for over 1,830 general
reference, business, consumer health, general science. Full text
extends back to January, 1990. Indexing and abstracts is
available for an additional 1,000 journals.
- MInd: The Meetings Index. Provides a free databases of future national and international
conferences, regional meetings, and short courses.
- National Standards Systems Network (NSSN).
- National Technical
Information Service (NTIS) Database. Contains over 2.0 million
bibliographic records to research reports, computer products, software,
video cassettes, audio cassettes and more from the latest research
sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The
complete electronic file dates back to 1964. Most records include
abstracts. Full text to research reports may be purchased from NTIS
using the links in the bibliographic records.
- Networked Computer Science Technical
Reference Library (NCSTRL). Computer science technical reports from
over 100 institutions worldwide. Over 20,000 reports are available in
- TechStreet: Technical
Information Superstore. Most comprehensive index for
engineering standards. Also indexes books, materials physical
property data, software and free professional trade magazines.
5.0. A free, integrated single-search gateway to reliable science and
technology information from 17 organizations within 13 federal science
agencies - access to over 200 million pages of scientific information.
- U.S. Patent Database. See also the
Patent and Trademark Resource Center web site.
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Access Science. Online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and thesaurus in one resource
with good science and technology coverage. Nobel
and science awards page.
Glossary of Telecommunications Terms.
- C|net. Online home of
CBS Interactive's C|net program. Includes current reviews of software and hardware,
industry news and a vast archive of freeware, shareware and demos.
Scholarly internet resources. University of California, Riverside.