Databases: find journal articles, technical
reports, standards, etc.
- Academic Search Complete. Provides full text for over 3,200 scholarly publications.
- ACM Digital Library. Registration
is free, but full-text is for ACM members only.
Business Source Complete. Provides full text for over 2500 business
- Citeseer.com. Scientific
Literature Digital Library. NEC Corp. Indexes Postscript and PDF research
articles on the Web. Has citation searching component.
- CogPrints. CogPrints
is an electronic archive for papers in many areas of Computer Science.
Full text of the cited references is available.
of Computer Science Bibliographies. Some links to the online fulltext.
- Computing Research
Respository (CoRR). Preprints in computer science. Mechanisms for
searching, downloading and submitting preprints are provided.
- Defense Technical Information
Center (DTIC) Scientific and Technical Information Network. PARTIAL FULL TEXT DATABASE. Access to all unclassified, unlimited citations to documents added
from late December 1974 to present, many from 1998 to present in
- E-Print Network. Maintained
by the Dept. of Energy. Allows simultaneous searching of a variety of
- Energy Portal
Search. Provides access to government and research society databases
and evaluated web sites.
- Electric Power Research Institute.
Scholar. Beta version, under construction. Indexes
scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books,
preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Google Scholar
includes articles from a variety of academic publishers, professional
societies, preprint repositories and universities. They rank results
based on their relevance criteria.
- IEEE Xplore. Index to IEEE and IET publications
in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics. Full
text of IEEE and IET journals, conference proceedings and standards is available at Fogler Library.
- Ingenta (Formerly UnCover).
Coverage is 1988 - Present.
Premier. Provides full text for over 1,830 general
reference, business, consumer health, general science. Full text
extends back to January, 1990. Indexing and abstracts is
available for an additional 1,000 journals.
- MInd: The Meetings Index. Provides a free databases of future national and international
conferences, regional meetings, and short courses.
- Networked Computer Science Technical
Reference Library (NCSTRL). Computer science technical reports from
over 100 institutions worldwide. Over 20,000 reports are available in
- NASA Technical Report Server (NTRS). This database collects, archives,
and disseminates aerospace information produced by NASA and other
relevant worldwide research.
- National Standards Systems Network (NSSN).
- National Technical
Information Service (NTIS) Database. Contains over 2.0 million
bibliographic records to research reports, computer products, software,
video cassettes, audio cassettes and more from the latest research
sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The
complete electronic file dates back to 1964. Most records include
abstracts. Full text to research reports may be purchased from NTIS
using the links in the bibliographic records.
- Science Accelerator, Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Department of Energy. Search collections of DOE research results, project descriptions, and accomplishments. These collections enable you to find out about ongoing research projects, explore significant DOE discoveries, learn about DOE Nobel Prize Winners, access and search scientific e-prints, locate science conference papers and proceedings, patents, and more.
5.0. A free, integrated single-search gateway to reliable science and
technology information from 17 organizations within 13 federal science
agencies - access to over 200 million pages of scientific information.
Searchable Physics Information Notices (SPIN). A bibliographic database
published by the American Institute of Physics. It is updated every 2 weeks
with coverage of all AIP journals and proceedings. Coverage also
includes journals from other societies including the Electrochemical
Society, Russian Academy of Sciences, etc.
- TechStreet: Technical
Information Superstore. Most comprehensive index for
engineering standards. Also indexes books, materials physical
property data, software and free professional trade magazines.
TI Technical Articles. Find links to technical articles written by
TI engineering experts for engineering trade magazines. Topics include
how to select or design with amplifiers, data converters, clocks,
interface and power management. They also address applications, such as
audio, industrial, medical, high reliability and many others. Several
sorting options can help you with your search.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy. Scientific and
- U.S. Patent Database. See also Maine's
Patent and Trademark Resource Center.
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Access Science. Online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.
- Bartleby.com. Dictionaries,
thesaurus, quotations, etc.
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data
Structures. Compiled by the National Institute of Standards and
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and thesaurus in one resource with
good science and technology coverage.
and science awards page.
- Tech Encyclopedia.
- Wikipedia. The
- C|net. Online home of
CBS Interactive's C|net program. Includes current reviews of software and hardware,
industry news and a vast archive of freeware, shareware and demos.
Professional Societies and Research
Government Agencies and Resources
- BOWest Pty Ltd.
Electrical and Project Engineering. Electrical theorems and
- EDN Magazine. portal
to a wide array or resources.
Materials, Formulas, Mathematics, Processes and Design, Etc.
- EE Compendium.
- Engineers Edge. contains
design and technical data, equations, current news, job announcements, links
to free trade journals.
- IEEE Global History Network. Dedicated
to preserving and promoting the history of innovation in the fields of
electrical engineering, electronics and computing, and all their related
- Lessons in Electric
Circuits. Series of textbooks on electricity and electronics.
- MEMS and Nanotechnology
Now. Background articles, glossary, news digest, etc.
Physical Reference Data. Covers a broad range of substances and properties from many different
scientific disciplines. U.S. National Institute of Standards and
- Robotics Online.
- Robots Life.com.
- Semiconductor Subway.
- WebEE: The Electrical Engineering