Databases: find journal articles, technical reports,
- Academic Search Complete. Provides full text for over 3,200 scholarly publications.
- Business Source Complete. Provides full text for over 2500 business
- Defense Technical Information
Center (DTIC) Scientific and Technical Information Network. Access to
all unclassified, unlimited citations to documents added from late December 1974 to present, many from 1998 to present in
Scholar. Beta version, under construction. Indexes
scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books,
preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Google Scholar
includes articles from a variety of academic publishers, professional
societies, preprint repositories and universities. They rank results
based on their relevance criteria.
- Ingenta (Formerly UnCover).
Coverage is 1988 - Present.
Premier. Provides full text for over 1,830 general
reference, business, consumer health, general science. Full text
extends back to January, 1990. Indexing and abstracts is
available for an additional 1,000 journals.
- MInd: The Meetings Index. Provides a free databases of future national and international
conferences, regional meetings, and short courses.
- National Standards Systems Network (NSSN).
- NASA Technical
Report Server (NTRS). This database collects, archives,
and disseminates aerospace information produced by NASA and other
relevant worldwide research.
- National Technical
Information Service (NTIS) Database. Contains over 2.0 million
bibliographic records to research reports, computer products, software,
video cassettes, audio cassettes and more from the latest research
sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The
complete electronic file dates back to 1964. Most records include
abstracts. Full text to research reports may be purchased from NTIS
using the links in the bibliographic records.
- Recent Advances in
Manufacturing. . Covers over 500 journals.
5.0. A free, integrated single-search gateway to reliable science and
technology information from 17 organizations within 13 federal science
agencies - access to over 200 million pages of scientific information.
- TechStreet: Technical
Information Superstore. Most comprehensive index for
engineering standards. Also indexes books, materials physical
property data, software and free professional trade magazines.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy. Scientific and
- U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory Publications database. Full text is available.
- U.S. Patent Database.
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Access Science. Online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.
- Bartleby.com. Dictionaries,
thesaurus, quotations, etc.
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and thesaurus in one resource
with good science and technology coverage.
and science awards page.
Government Agencies and Resources
- Best Manufacturing Practices (BMP).
Online Center: Engineering.
Companies. cutting pollution and saving money using energy
Materials, Formulas, Mathematics, Processes and Design, Etc.
- Engineers Edge. contains
design and technical data, equations, current news, job announcements, links
to free trade journals.
- Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (IMS).
- Machinery Manuals Online: includes maintenance, service and operating manuals, etc.
The manufacturing marketplace
Now. Background articles, glossary, news digest, etc.