Pulp and Paper Industry
Databases: find journal articles, technical reports,
- Academic Search Complete. Provides full text for over 3,200 scholarly publications.
- Business Source Complete. Provides full text for over 2500 business
- Chemical Data Access
Tool (CDAT). Use CDAT to find health and safety information submitted to
EPA under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), including a broad range
of health and safety information reported by industry under TSCA Sections
4,5, 8(d), and 8(e), unpublished, nonconfidential studies covering chemical
testing results and adverse effects of chemicals on health and ecological
systems, health and environmental effects information obtained through the
High Production Volume (HPV) Challenge, and recently declassified
confidential business information.
Products Laboratory. Maintain database of online reports and
journal articles. Full text for many online reports.
- Forest Service Publications Database.
Reports and research from the U.S. Forest Service. Coverage back to
scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books,
preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Google Scholar
includes articles from a variety of academic publishers, professional
societies, preprint repositories and universities. They rank results
based on their relevance criteria.
- Ingenta (Formerly UnCover).
Coverage is 1988 - Present.
Premier. Provides full text for over 1,830 general
reference, business, consumer health, general science. Full text
extends back to January, 1990. Indexing and abstracts is
available for an additional 1,000 journals.
- National Standards Systems Network (NSSN).
- National Technical
Information Service (NTIS) Database. Contains over 2.0 million
bibliographic records to research reports, computer products, software,
video cassettes, audio cassettes and more from the latest research
sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The
complete electronic file dates back to 1964. Most records include
abstracts. Full text to research reports may be purchased from NTIS
using the links in the bibliographic records.
- RISI. Industry News,
calendar, company profiles and financial data and Internet directory.
Gold access is required to view some information. Can register
for 60 days free Gold access.
- Science Accelerator, Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Department of Energy. Search collections of DOE research results, project descriptions, and accomplishments. These collections enable you to find out about ongoing research projects, explore significant DOE discoveries, learn about DOE Nobel Prize Winners, access and search scientific e-prints, locate science conference papers and proceedings, patents, and more.
5.0. A free, integrated single-search gateway to reliable science and
technology information from 17 organizations within 13 federal science
agencies - access to over 200 million pages of scientific information.
- Searchable Physics Information Notices (SPIN). A bibliographic database
published by the American Institute of Physics. It is updated every 2 weeks
with coverage of all AIP journals and proceedings. Coverage also
includes journals from other societies including the Electrochemical
Society, Russian Academy of Sciences, etc.
- TechStreet: Technical
Information Superstore. Most comprehensive index for
engineering standards. Also indexes books, materials physical
property data, software and free professional trade magazines.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy. Scientific and
- U.S. Patent
database. See also the
Patent and Trademark Resource Center web site.
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Access Science. Online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.
- Bartleby.com. Dictionaries,
thesaurus, quotations, etc.
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and thesaurus in one resource
with good science and technology coverage.
and science awards page.
Compendium of Chemical Terminology.
Glossary and Forest Glossary.
- Pulp and Paper
- World of Chemistry. by Eric Weisstein. Wolfram Research. Access to the articles is
provided by an index or major subject areas.
Professional Societies and Research Groups
Company and Product Directories