Collection title: Jim Garvin photograph
Collection number: SpC MS 1725
Dates of collection: 1945-1965
Size of collection: 1 box
Provenance: Gift of Mrs. Imelda Garvin in 2011.
Restrictions on access and use: Stored in the library's remote storage area. One week's notice requested for access.
Jim Garvin was the official photographer for the University of Maine during the 1950s and 1960s.
Scope and Content Note
Photographs of the University of Maine campus and surrounding communities taken by the official campus photographer. Includes street scenes in Bangor and Orono, aerial photographs of Lewiston, and several photographs of the P.C.F. [Pollution Control Facility] in Old Town, Maine.
1 Bangor, 1946-1964
2 Lewiston aerial photographs, 1963
3 Old Town, air strip, 1956
4 Old Town, dam at Stillwater, 1954
5 Old Town, P.C.F. [Penobscot Chemical Fiber?], 1963
6 Orono, aerial photographs 1949-1965
7 Orono, Grove street Suprette, 1957
8 Orono, Pushaw Bog, 1965
9 Orono, town crossing guards, school children, 1964
10 Orono, town office administration, 1964
11 Quoddy Head Light, 1959
12 World War II, night it ended, August 15, 1945
13 UMaine campus aerial photographs, 1949-1962
14 Miscellaneous photos mounted on backing, 1947-1948
15 Photocopies of University of Maine photos removed and filed with the Univ Photo Archive collection
Finding Aids for selected manuscript collections in the Special Collections Department at Fogler Library are accessible online in URSUS, in a browsable Guide to Manuscript Collections. Please contact Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 581-1686 for further information.