Special Collections | Policies
- In order to use our resources, one must present a photo ID. No
- Items brought into the department must be stored and only
pencil, paper, and laptops are allowed. No notebooks, laptop
cases, bags of any kind, or purses are allowed. Coats must be left at
- Photocopying or scanning of materials depends on the nature and
condition of the material. It is necessary to request
permission for all photocopying.
- Second copies of books may be borrowed with a valid
University of Maine I.D. Card or Courtesy Library Card.
- No manuscript collections will be pulled within 15 minutes of closing.
- Some of our boxed manuscript collections, newspapers, and
ledgers are housed in the Library Annex. We require a
one week notice in order to make those materials
- Special Collections is closed on university holidays when classes are
not in session. During the 2016-2017 academic year, in addition to holidays
when the entire library is closed, these holidays will be Labor Day (September
5, 2016), Columbus Day (October 10, 2016),
and Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 16, 2017).
Return to top level page
Special Collections Staff: