Purpose: To add a large batch of file to Millennium that was previously collected.
2. Open Millennium cataloging module.
3. Go to Data Exchange.
4. Select “Load records via locallycreated load profiles (local)” from the Select Processes menu.
5. Click Get PC button.
6. Browse to find your .mrc file. Highlight file, then click Upload.
7. Pick .lfts from the dropdown file format list.
8. Click twice on the Last Modified header to reverse sort by date and bring your new file to the top.
9. Select the file you just brought in, click Prep.
10. Click the Start button, watch the process run for a few seconds. The number of records that it tells you it has processed should match the number you know is in there.
11. Click Close to exit.
12. (You will need to do the 2x click on Last Modified to resort every time you return to the main screen.)
13. You now have 2 files with the same name, but .lfts and .lmarc extensions. Select the .lmarc file and click on Load I.
14. First click Test. The little report on the screen should tell you that the number of records you expected will be created. If any are being rejected, something is probably wrong with the file, and if any are being overlaid, we should check to see what already exists in the system that they are being matched to. With only a few records at a time, this should be easy to keep track up.
15. If the numbers match up (and they almost always do), check the “Use Review Files” box, then click Load.
16. Highlight the text of the last bit of the output message after you Load—copy it, and paste it into a document to save in S:Cataloging/DataExchange/. These provide two useful pieces of information. Firstly, any errors in matching are reported here, and you can follow up on these to see whether there has been duplication and see why a particular record was inserted instead of overlaid. Secondly, it reminds you of the start and end records created in this load.
17. Click Close to exit.
18. So that we can go back and check any errors or short term questions, leave the most recent set of load fiels until you do the next batch. So, as a last step, delete the old record load files from last time.
19. Go to Create Lists and find review file slot. It should be file #162.
20. Select Copy icon at the top of the screen. In the Select file to copy from list scroll down until you find a file named something like: Load: Inserted records for Springer201(11-21-2013). Highlight this file and click OK.