Requestor Function Items
Purpose: To link items, almost
exclusively Government Documents, requested for circulation via the
Requestor Function. Items must be linked to a valid item record before they
can be checked out. Usually there is a bib record available for the title in
URSUS with a partial or "dummy" item that requires enhancement for the
specific item in hand.
- Item is requested.
- Gov Docs staff delivers item to Copy Cataloging.
- Cataloger conducts title search and finds the relevant record.
- Cataloger attaches barcode to item and scans barcode to the item
- If there are multiple volumes, additional item records must be
1) from the item record, select Edit>Copy Record,
2) insert barcode and vol. #, then Save record.
- Cataloger returns item to Gov Docs.
- Item is loaned.
Statistics for number of items linked and
number of items created are kept in the stats reporting sheet under the
heading "U.S. Docs Linked."
Return to Technical Services procedures
| Revised: 12/27/2011