Printing Spine Labels
Settings on the Physical Printer
- Make sure the "Forms thickness Lever" on the left side
of the printer is set between Levels One to Three (top
- Make sure the Paper Select lever is set in the lower
position from the top (front right).
- Feed in the paper by lifting the front cover.
- Vertical alignment of tractor feed labels - Pull the
left and right tractor locking levers up to unlock the
tractors. Open the left and right tractor doors and place
the paper holes over the second or third pins of the tractor
unit. Adjust the tractors to the paper width as needed.
Close and lock tractors (use the Line Feed button on front
of printer to adjust incrementally).
- Horizontal alignment – will need to be adjusted
depending on paper type. Usually several test prints are
(Note: all other options for setting font,
cpi, etc. indicators on the front of the printer will be
overridden by Sierra software settings as outlined below). Tip:
If you switch the Paper Select lever and the printer beeps, that
means it has moved offline despite still being powered on.
Select "start/stop button" to clear .
- Retrieve a record.
- Open an item record.
- On the top menu bar, select Tools > Print Monographic
Label (Label Printer).
- A smaller window prompted out. On that window,
select File > Select Printer > Label Printer.
- Select “Local Printer” on the prompted out
- On the prompted out window, under General /
Print Service / Name , Select the “Name” of the Printer.
- Under Format tab set (see dialog window
- Radio button set to graphic
- Lines per page to blank or 0
- Font size to 8 (default)
- Character margin to 0 (default)
- Click "Print" button to apply
- Click OK, and go back to the window of the
- Click Print, then select Local Printer. Click OK.
- On the prompted out window, under General >
Print Service > Name , Select the “Name” of the Printer. Then click print.
Created by: Library Staff |