Serials Solutions: Independent Title Maintenance
To manage individual titles from the Client
Center for public access that are not part of one or more collections
supported by Serial Solutions. NOTE: This will only add titles to the
ejournal portal, not generate a MARC record for URSUS.
- Getting There
- Login to the Serials Solutions
- There are two Indpendent Title Collections in SerSol
one for free resources and one for subscribed resources
that need to go through a proxy.
- "University of Maine Individual Titles" - proxy
omitted (open access title)
- "University of Maine Individual Titles II"
- Navigate to the collection you would like by either
doing a database title search or going browsing through
- When you click to display the titles in the
collection you should also see buttons labeled "Upload
Titles", "Download Titles", and "Add Titles". If you do
not see these buttons, you may need to have your Serials
Solutions 360 Core Permissions adjusted.
- Add A Title:
- Click on the "Add Title" button
- Fill in the title, ISSN/ISBN, Coverage Dates, and
Default URL. (You need at least a title and URL; the
others are optional if unavailable)
- Click Save
- Email the Title and URL to Library Assistant II so
the if the new title needs to be added to the Proxy
- To Remove A Title:
- Find the Title you want to delete on the List
- Click the Red X to the right of the title
- Click the Delete button on the next page.
- To Edit A Title:
- Select the title from the list
- Click the "Edit" Button
- Edit as you would any other titles
- Click "Save"
- If you change a URL that is in "University of Maine
Individual Titles II", notify Library Specialist CL3 (Kim)
or Sharon so the
Proxy server can be updated.
There is a webpage
http://development.library.umaine.edu/ejournals/SSJournalIndy.asp) that lists our Individual titles with ISSN, Dates, and a
clickable URL. This list is generated from our database and is only
updated once per month so it may not include the most recent updates made in
the Client Center. This is not the definitive list, but may be helpful
for quickly checking that links are working.