Serials Solutions: Independent Title Maintenance
To manage individual titles from the Client
Center for public access that are not part of one or more collections
supported by Serial Solutions.
- Getting There
- Login to the Serials Solutions
- There are two Indpendent Title Collections in SerSol one for
free resources and one for subscribed resources that need to go
through a proxy.
- "University of Maine Individual Titles" -proxy omitted
- "University of Maine Individual Titles II" -proxy necessary
- Navigate to the collection you would like by either doing a
database title search or going browsing through "Data Management"
- When you click to display the titles in the colleciton you should
also see buttons labeled "Upload Titles",
"Download Titles", and "Add Titles". If you do not see these buttons, you
may need to have your Serials Solutions 360 Core Permissions adjusted.
- Add A Title:
- Click on the "Add Title" button
- Fill in the title, ISSN/ISBN, Coverage Dates, and Default URL. (You need at
least a title and URL; the others are optional if unavailable)
- Click Save
- Email the Title and URL to Library Assistant II so the if the new title
needs to be added to the Proxy Server.
- To Remove A Title:
- Find the Title you want to delete on the List
- Click the Red X to the right of the title
- Click the Delete button on the next page.
- To Edit A Title:
- Select the title from the list
- Click the "Edit" Button
- Edit as you would any other titles
- Click "Save"
- If you change a URL that is in "University of Maine Individual
Titles II", notify Library Assistant II so the Proxy server can be updated.
There is a webpage
http://development.library.umaine.edu/ejournals/SSJournalIndy.asp) that lists our Individual titles with ISSN, Dates, and a
clickable URL. This list is generated from our database and is only
updated once per month so it may not include the most recent updates made in
the Client Center. This is not the definitive list, but may be helpful
for quickly checking that links are working.