Ebsco Claim Checker Report
Purpose: To track periodical claims proactively. Claim Checker allows
staff to make changes to
claims such as reclaiming an issue or removing a claim on an issue.
Claim Checker (View and work with online)
- Go to EBSCONET website:
- Customer Code: RB77910
- Username: (Enter your assigned username)
- Password: (see separately)
- From navigation menu under EBSCONET header, hover mouse over "My
Claims", this will present drop-down menu.
- Select "Claim Checker". Scroll down to view all current claims.
- To search a particular periodical, choose a type of search (ex. title,
ISSN) from the drop-down menu that says, "Title Name".
In blank box next to your type of search, enter the journal information accordingly.
- Otherwise, simply scroll through titles and click on the title of
- On check-in card, look to see if issue has been
received and/or look for current claim status.
- If a claimed issue has arrived, scroll over to the right in EBSCONET
under "Action". In the drop-down menu for the particular title, click
- From this same drop-down menu, one may select any appropriate action item button.
Reclaim: Claim an issue again.
Re-list: Keep title on the list for next issue but no
claim at this time.
Received: A claimed issue has arrived.
Remove: Remove a claim on an issue, generally
because it has arrived (or received information from publisher or Ebsco regarding delay)