The Club is available to rent. Guidelines are provided below. Please
contact Nancy Michaud for more information or
to schedule your function: PH:
download the Rental Agreement form
Guidelines for the Use of The University Club located in the Lynch
- The University Club may be rented for special occasions and
receptions. This is a non-transferable right, that is, the renter
may not act as an agent for a third party and the renter must be
present for the duration of the rental.
- The Club is available for rental Monday through Thursday, and
Fridays or weekends at the discretion of the Club Board. Rental may
begin at 3:00 pm for set-up and as early as 3:30 for the beginning
of the Event. The Room may be rented as late as Fogler Library is
open on that given date.
- The University Club can be booked through Nancy Michaud. (581-1691 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Nancy has the authority to book the
Club within the prescribed guidelines. The Manager may choose to
refer any extraordinary requests to the Club Officers for approval.
- Rental fees:
- For MEMBERS of the University Club: $50 per three (3)
- For NON-MEMBERS: $125 per three (3) hour increments
- All food and/or beverage catering must be privately arranged
by the renter with the University of Maine catering service
(581-4718) or with a caterer of the renter’s choice. Please
confirm your catering arrangements with Nancy Michaud.
No other food or beverage may be carried into the Club without prior
permission of the Club Manager. a. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE FOOD
AND/OR BEVERAGES ALLOWED OUTSIDE THE LYNCH ROOM IN THE LIBRARY
- The renter is responsible for any property damage done to the
Lynch room or its furnishings. The renter and the caterer are to
move furniture as little as possible. Rugs may not be moved. The
renter and the caterer are responsible for returning the Lynch Room
to order at the end of the rental period. The renter bears the final
responsibility for the condition of the room and furnishings.
- The Lynch Room has, at all times, seating for fifty-two (52),
four (4) round tables which provide seating for six (6), and seven
(7) smaller round tables which provide seating for four (4).
- Wireless Internet access is available in the University Club. If
you require a screen for presentations, please contact Audio Visual
Services, 581-2500, and they will deliver to the Club. It is
not the responsibility of the Club Manager or other staff to provide
or monitor the delivery of extra resources needed by the renter.
- The University Club is in conformity with the general no smoking
policy for all campus buildings. The renter is responsible for the
enforcement of this policy.