to and full text coverage of four Maine newspapers. Database includes
comprehensive coverage of the Bangor Daily News (12/3/92-present) and the
Portland Press Herald (10/30/95-present). Selected business coverage of the
Central Maine Morning Sentinel (8/12/93-8/27/97) and
(2/4/95-present). Updated regularly.
- full-text, keyword-searchable image
database of U.S. and international newspapers. Access is restricted to computers located within
Fogler Library. Coverage of Maine newspapers include:
- AUGUSTA: Daily Kennebec Journal, 1870-1976
- AUGUSTA: Kennebec Journal, 1972-1977
- BANGOR: Bangor Daily Whig & Courier, 1837-1900
- BIDDEFORD: Journal Tribune, 2007
- BIDDEFORD: York County Weekend, 2007
- LEWISTON: Lewiston Evening Journal, 1972
- PORTLAND: Portland Press Herald, 1947-1951
- PORTLAND: Portland Sunday Telegram and Sunday Press Herald, 1947-1951
- full text of Maine newspapers include: Bangor Daily
News (1992+), Portland Press Herald (1995+), and selected business coverage
from Maine Times (1994-2002) and Central Maine Morning Sentinel (1993-1997).
- journals, magazines, and
newspapers from ethnic and minority presses, 1990-present (varies by title).
- full-text documents from over 5,900 sources, including National and
regional newspapers, legal news, wire services, broadcast transcripts, and non-English language sources.
- full text of more than 500 U.S. and international
news sources including the New York Times (1999 to present), Wall Street Journal,
Boston Globe, plus hundreds of other news sources and news wires. Years of
coverage vary by title.
- full-text documents from over 5,900 sources, including international news, and non-English language sources.
Regional Business News
- full text newswires which incorporates news information
from all over the world. Included in this database are A&G
Information, Africa News Service, Inter Press Service, Resource News
International, South American Business, M2 Communications, PR Newswire,
Business Newswire, Canadian Corporate News, News Bytes News Network and
Phillips Business Information Highlights.
17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers - full-text access to
the British Library's collection of the newspapers, pamphlets, and books
gathered by Reverend Charles Burney (1757-1817)--the largest and most
comprehensive collection of early English news media.
19th Century British Library Newspapers - full runs of national,
regional and local 19th century British newspapers, taken directly from
the extensive holdings of the British Library.
America's Historical Newspapers - more than 1,000 U.S. historical
newspapers published between 1690 and 1922, including titles from all 50
York Times Archives (1851-1922); the Personal
Name Index to the New York Times (a print index) covers 1851-1989. The
archives search at www.nytimes.com indexes the newspaper from 1996
to the present and the database "Proquest Newspapers" covers
N.Y. Times in full text from 1999 to present.
- full-text, keyword-searchable image database of issues of more than
3,000 U.S. and international newspapers from the 1800s to the late 20th
century. Date coverage varies by title.
Revised by: Jen Bonnet |