How do I get print resources while the library is closed?
Materials in Fogler Library’s collection are still available to students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maine and the University of Maine at Machias. Print books will be mailed to patrons via USPS or Campus Mail. Library pick-up is not available.
To request a print book
- Send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the title, author, call number for each requested item. Tip: Copy and paste this information from the catalog.
- Provide your current mailing address.
- Include the 14-digit barcode number
- UMaine patrons: submit the 14-digit barcode located directly beneath your MaineCard barcode.
- Machias patrons: submit the 14-digit barcode number (beginning with 2) on your ClipperCard.
If possible, keep books until after arriving on campus in the fall. Avoid returning books via courier unless necessary.
Periodical Articles or Chapters From Books
Please submit your request through ILLiad. We will copy the material for you and send it to your ILLiad account. Please note that PDF will remain in your account for five downloads or 30 days.