Fogler Library Student Ambassadors
Gain experience, learn new skills and shape the future of the library
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 15.
If you want to gain professional skills and shape the student experience at UMaine’s library, we have an opportunity for you! Fogler Library’s Student Ambassador Program is looking for volunteers willing to commit a few hours each month to serve as liaisons between Fogler Library and students at UMaine.
Ambassadors will work with staff advisors to help promote the library through events, social media, multimedia projects, and other outreach opportunities. Want to bring a poetry slam to the Reading Room? Feel like creating a promo video for therapy dog visits? Do you have ideas for Instagram campaigns? As an ambassador, you’ll have all of these opportunities, and more! As current students, ambassadors will also recommend ways the library can improve the student experience. What can we do better? What opportunities are we missing? Do we need more beanbag chairs?
By joining this group, you’ll get both the autonomy to pursue projects relevant to your interests and the help of your advisors and group members to help you along the way. You will also:
- Gain valuable professional experience related to your interests
- Help shape the student experience at Fogler Library
- Build professional connections and references
- See a behind-the-scenes view of how the library operates
- Meet new and interesting students, faculty, and staff
- Have a chance to earn your Engaged Black Bear Level 3 Information Literacy Badge
For this role, you’ll need to:
- Commit approximately 4 hours per month to your role as an ambassador
- Attend one meeting per month
- Serve for at least one full academic year
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for libraries
Please send any questions about the Student Ambassador Program to Brad Beauregard at email@example.com.
I’m interested in becoming a Fogler Library Student Ambassador!
Great! We’re excited to speak with you about the program. Just fill out the following form, and we’ll be in touch soon.