Serials Processing: EBSCO Claim Checker Report
Purpose: To track periodical claims proactively. Claim Checker allows staff to make changes to claims such as reclaiming an issue or removing a claim on an issue.
(View and work with online)
- Go to EBSCOnet website: http://www.ebsconet.com/
- Customer Code: RB77910
- Username: (Enter your assigned username)
- Password: (see separately)
- From navigation menu under EBSCOnet header, hover mouse over “My Claims”, this will present drop-down menu.
- Select “Claim Checker”. Scroll down to view all current claims.
- To search a particular periodical, choose a type of search (ex. title, ISSN) from the drop-down menu that says, “Title Name”.
In blank box next to your type of search, enter the journal information accordingly.
- Otherwise, simply scroll through titles and click on the title of your choice.
- On check-in card, look to see if issue has been received and/or look for current claim status.
- If a claimed issue has arrived, scroll over to the right in EBSCOnet under “Action”. In the drop-down menu for the particular title, click “Received”.
- From this same drop-down menu, one may select any appropriate action item button.
Reclaim: Claim an issue again.
Re-list: Keep title on the list for next issue but no claim at this time.
Received: A claimed issue has arrived.
Remove: Remove a claim on an issue, generally because it has arrived (or received information from publisher or EBSCO regarding delay)
Return to Technical Services Table of Contents.