ERM: Registration Process for E-journals
Purpose: To contact publishers and/or vendors directly to activate online access to journals including those titles for which we have a paid print subscription. [Note: The vast majority of ejournal activation is handled through the Serials Solutions Client Center. Records activated in their Knowledge Base will generate new records for URSUS.]
- Publisher/vendor sends an announcement that an electronic version is available. Library Specialist for orders generally receives these notifications and forwards to Periodicals Specialist. Alternately, a Subject Specialist may forward a title request via Email to Deb Rollins.
- Approved titles are returned and checklist slip is attached. Date of approval is noted under “request received.”
- Notification generally includes a URL to pursue and instructions for activating the online subscription. Online registration via Ebsconet:
- Login and select the “Orders” tab
- From pulldown window select search by “title name”
- Look for the “Access and Registration” tab
- scroll to “Registration Required at Publisher Site” then check id ID Required. If required contact Ebsconet rep for said ID.
- Follow link to publisher’s web site
- Follow instructions on publisher site to register title
- Once confirmation of registration is received, test access at the document level.
Return to Technical Services Table of Contents.