Purpose: To provide access to online full text monographs for titles formerly held in print which are beyond repair. Direct links in URSUS bibliographic records are established.
1. Request received from Head of Collections, after reviewing materials for binding repair decisions
2. Search online sources for full text collections offered on our e-books link page which consists chiefly of public domain titles that have been digitized. Also check Google Print using the advanced search strategy for title within the years 1500-1923. The date range will result in public domain titles only.
3. If a link to full text is found, retrieve the print record for the title in URSUS:
(a) Add linking field 856 to the bibliographic record.
4. If no link is available than item should be withdrawn from collection.
5. Update holdings in bibliographic record to remove oro