7-1 Daily Posting
Purpose: To post (apply) changes in encumbrances or expenditures to individual Sierra funds that have been made within the previous 24 hours. These changes occur as a result of processing invoices, or entering/modifying estimated prices in order records.
1. In Sierra, choose “Pay an Invoice” under the Acquisitions heading in the drop down menu.
2. All of the pay files with data in them should say “Ready for posting”.*
3. Click on “Post all” at the bottom of the screen.
4. Choose “Email printer” on the dialog box and click “OK”.
5. Enter your email address and click “OK”.
6. In the “Posting Register Page Heading” dialog box, type “Pf#1” (for pay file 1), and your initials.
7. Click “OK” on each box that appears until you are asked “Is printout ok?”. Click “Yes”.
8. Another box will appear asking “OK to proceed”? Click Yes.
9. Click “OK” on the “Posting Summary” box.
10. Click “Quit” at the bottom of the screen.
11. If there are subsequent pay files, Sierra will repeat these steps until all are posted. Make sure to name the headings of these subsequent pay files Pf#2, Pf#3, etc.
*If a pay file line reads “Keying in Progress” or “Suspended”, Sierra will automatically skip over it during the posting process. You will need to post it at a later time when the person using it has exited the pay file.
1. Go to your email inbox.
2. Find the email with the subject line “A message from your URSUS library system”
3. Copy and paste all sections into a Word Doc (see order below) and save it in the shared network under “Book Acquisitions > Daily Posting > Current fiscal year” using the current date as a title (ex: 010818 for 1/8/18)
Note 1: Make sure that the posting report pages are in order on the Word Doc (they usually appear in order in your Gmail mailbox):
a. Encumbrance Register (list of all new encumbrances)
b. Invoice Register (details of all invoices processed in that payfile)
c. Invoice Summary
d. Posting Summary
Note 2: Depending on the pay file activity, some pay file reports may contain only an Encumbrance Register and a Posting Summary, and others may contain just an Invoice Register, Invoice Summary, and Posting Summary.