1-5 Ordering with Amazon Corporate Account
Purpose: Instructions on purchasing with our Amazon Corporate Account, one of our primary vendors for purchasing materials.
- We order many of our books through Amazon, as they provide timely, reliable service and reasonable prices. If we need a book rushed for use by faculty or for a class, Amazon would be one of the first places to look (besides the bookstore on campus).
- We started a corporate account through them on September 26, 2011.
- This card allows us to purchase items through Amazon and Amazon Marketplace.
- Items ordered using this account must be paid from our general acquisitions budget lines (fund codes beginning with an “o”). We CANNOT order items on this card that are paid from our gift/restricted account funds. Amazon purchases using gift account funds must be done with a pcard
- The card is administered by Fogler’s financial manager. They are the primary name listed on the account, and they will need to add your name to the account before you can begin ordering.
- Direct line to the Corporate Card help representatives is 1-866-486-2360.
- When ordering from a private seller on Amazon Marketplace:
• Take into account the reputation of the vendor (in general, it may be best to order only from those who have a 90% or better rating, with over one hundred reviews).
• The quality of the book (we usually only buy “New” or “Like New” items, although you can always email the vendor to ask about the book’s condition. Beware of highlighting, missing CD-ROMs, the wrong edition, etc.).
- When you complete your purchases on the website, be sure to keep track of all information on an Excel spreadsheet in the shared drive, save emailed order receipts, and create an order record in Sierra for each title.
- When books arrive, check their condition. If acceptable, print out a copy of purchase receipt with the order record number written on it and place it inside the book or item. It is now ready to be checked-in and paid in Sierra.
- The credit card company sends a monthly statement (usually around the 15th) to Fogler financial manager.
- Obtain a copy and print out the first few pages (those summarizing the charges). For some reason the first page or so of this statement will duplicate the last page of the previous one. Check carefully to make sure these items are on both statements, and then write “All on previous” near these items.
- Make sure all receipts and other documentation associated with the statement are organized and reconciled.
- Let financial manager know that all books have arrived and are cataloged.
- If any are outstanding (which sometimes occurs if being shipped internationally), let financial manager know the title and expected time of arrival. Once they are notified of the statement’s status, keep this paperwork and file.