5-2b Requesting a new vendor (supplier) in MaineStreet
Purpose: To request a new vendor to be created in MaineStreet by the Systems Office.
First, you will want to search for the vendor in MaineStreet to make sure a record doesn’t already exist. You can do this by going to MaineStreet > Enterprise Applications > Financials > Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update > Supplier. Change the “Classification” field to “MaineStreet Marketplace” in the drop-down menu. Enter the name of the vendor in the name field.
- If the vendor exists, write down the 10-digit supplier id, as well as the 3 or 4 letter location code (CHK, ACH, or Epay) found under the “Location” tab. You will need these two codes later. See: “Linking a Sierra vendor to a MaineStreet vendor (supplier).”
- If a vendor (supplier) does not exist in MaineStreet, you will need to request that a vendor be created by the Systems Office.
- Before you request it, you will need to have the vendor fill out and sign IRS Form W9 for U.S. vendors and return it to you (for foreign vendors: IRS Form W8BEN for Individuals, or IRS Form W8BEN-E for Businesses).
- Once you have obtained the completed IRS form, go to the vendor request form and enter:
- Company Legal Name (or name of indiviual person)
- Company Address
- Preferred Purchase Order Dispatch Method: Choose “Print” from the drop-down menu.
- Payment (remit) address. If it is the same as the above address, check the box.
- Check “Yes, the appropriate forms have been submitted” under the IRS box. (They will be submitted right after this portion of the directions)
- Contact Info: Check “University Employee” and enter in your contact information.
- Click “Submit”
- Email a copy of the W9 or W8BEN for that vendor (as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, state that the vendor form has been submitted.
- Check to see if the vendor has been created later that day (we are not notified directly when it is created). See Step 1 for searching procedure.
- Write down the 10-digit supplier id and the 3 or 4-digit location code. These will be used in “Linking a Sierra vendor to a Mainestreet vendor (supplier).”