5-3 Linking a Sierra vendor to corresponding Mainestreet vendor (supplier)
Purpose: To create a link between Sierra vendor record and MaineStreet vendor record. This link allows payment to be made to that vendor after Interface is complete.
- You will need:
- The altcode from the Sierra vendor record. See: Creating a vendor record in Sierra.
- The 10-digit vendor/supplier code from MaineStreet. See: Searching for an existing vendor (supplier) in MaineStreet, or Requesting a vendor in MaineStreet
- The 3 or 4 digit vendor/supplier location code from Mainestreet. See above link.
- In MainStreet, go to Enterprise Applications > Financials > University of Maine System > Accounts Payable > Lookup Items > Ursus Vendor Cross Reference.
- Click the “Add a new value” tab.
- Choose your business unit (UMS05 – Orono)
- In the “Vendor ID” field enter the altcode from the Sierra vendor record.
- Click “Add”.
- In the “Supplier ID field”, enter the 10-digit vendor code from MaineStreet.
- In the “Location code” field, enter the 3 or 4-digit location code from MaineStreet.
- Click “Save”
- Vendors are properly linked.