7-1 Daily Posting
Purpose: To post (apply) changes in encumbrances or expenditures to individual Sierra funds that have been made within the previous 24 hours. These changes occur as a result of processing invoices, or entering/modifying estimated prices in order records.
- In Sierra, choose “Pay an Invoice” under the Acquisitions heading in the drop down menu.
- All of the pay files with data in them should say “Ready to be posted”.*
- Click on “Post all” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “Ok” in the “Warning/The following sessions (payfiles) will be posted” dialog box
- Choose “Email printer” on the dialog box and click “OK”.
- Enter your email address and click “OK”.
- In the “Posting Register Page Heading” dialog box, type “Pf#1” (for pay file 1), and your initials.
- Click “OK” on each box that appears until you are asked “Is printout ok?”. Click “Yes”.
- Another box will appear asking “OK to proceed”? Click Yes.
- Click “OK” on the “Posting Summary” box.
- Click “Quit” at the bottom of the screen.
- If there are subsequent pay files, Sierra will repeat these steps until all are posted. Make sure to name the headings of these subsequent pay files Pf#2, Pf#3, etc
*If a pay file line reads “Keying in Progress” or “Suspended”, Sierra will automatically skip over it during the posting process. You will need to post it at a later time when the person using it has exited the pay file.
- Go to your email inbox.
- Find the email with the subject line “A message from your URSUS library system”
- Copy and paste all sections into a Word Doc (see order below) and save it in sharepoint drive under “Acquisitions > Daily Posting > Current fiscal year” using the current date as a title (ex: 010818 for 1/8/18)
Note 1: Make sure that the posting report pages are in order on the Word Doc (they usually appear in order in your maine.edu mailbox):
a. Encumbrance Register (list of all new encumbrances)
b. Invoice Register (details of all invoices processed in that payfile)
c. Invoice Summary
d. Posting Summary
Note 2: Depending on the pay file activity, some pay file reports may contain only an Encumbrance Register and a Posting Summary, and others may contain just an Invoice Register, Invoice Summary, and Posting Summary.