Fogler Library Faculty Newsletter 9-14-2021
Additional JSTOR Collections Available through June 30, 2022, Grant Workshops and Training Opportunities
- Additional JSTOR Collections Available through June 30, 2022
- Grant Workshops and Training Opportunities
Featured Resource: Guide to Citation Managers
A citation manager helps you “capture” records of articles, books, and other publications as you are researching, organize them as needed for your future use, and from these records create in-text citations and bibliographies in your preferred citation style. The Guide to Citation Managers provides useful information about choosing a citation manager.
1. Additional JSTOR collections available through June 30, 2022
Several collections from JSTOR are available for UMaine patrons until June 30, 2022. The collections include:
- Sustainability, a wide range of journals, ebooks, and more than 5,400 Open Access research reports in the field of sustainability.
- Security Studies, a wide range of journals, ebooks, and approximately 20,000 Open Access research reports in the field of security studies.
- Lives of Literature provides online full-text access to more than 100 literature e-journals not covered in other JSTOR collections, including UMaine’s Paideuma. The title list can be found here. Journals are available via a title search from Ejournals@UMaine.
- JSTOR Primary Sources, which includes
- Global Plants
- Struggles for Freedom: Southern Africa
- World Heritage Sites: Africa
- 19th Century British Pamphlets
You can access these JSTOR collections through the database trials page on our website.
2. Grant Workshops and Training Opportunities
Fogler Library and the Office of Research Development sponsor grant workshops and training throughout the academic year.
At the “Grants 101: Seeking, Analyzing, and Writing Basics” workshop, participants will:
- search for grants in PIVOT
- analyze an agency’s Request for Proposals
- learn grant writing basics
Upcoming Grants 101 workshop dates:
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10am-12pm via Zoom. RSVP here.
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 10am-12pm via Zoom. RSVP here.
Fogler Library and the Office of Research Development will also host the Finding Funding Challenge on December 13-17, 2021. Each day, for five days, you will receive an email with tasks designed to build your grantseeking skills. You will learn how to effectively and efficiently find funding opportunities tailored to your creative and scholarly interests, strategically read a request for proposals, and make your grant proposal a standout. RSVP here.