4-2 Creating a new fund, Part 2: Adding a new external fund account to Sierra
Purpose: An external fund code links Sierra fund codes to the corresponding account codes in Mainestreet. This allows the proper library account to be charged after invoices are processed in Sierra and sent to Mainestreet during Interface.
- Obtain the new 10-digit Mainestreet account number (format 5-0-00000-000). This is usually obtained from the library’s financial manager.
- From Sierra drop down menu, go to Admin > Parameters > Acquisitions > External Fund Codes.
- Click on an empty field.
- Enter the new account number and name of the new fund on the chosen line (you can use other entries for reference). It should be formatted like this:
- 5-0-00000-000 FUNDNAME (use existing external fund lines as a guide).
- Click Save.
- Make note of the line number of the new entry. This number will need to be entered into the external fund code field of the new fund code record (See step 6 of “Creating a new fund in Sierra”). If this number is not properly entered into the fund code record, the correct payment account information will not be transferred to Mainestreet during interface.