7-2 Weekly Budget Report
Purpose: To compile a report on a weekly basis that shows the most recent fund appropriations, expenditures, encumbrances, and free balances in Sierra.
- In Sierra, choose “Funds” under the “Acquisitions” section in the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Hierarchies” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the middle of the screen, double click on “UM Libraries”.
- Click on the black “Report” tab to the left of that screen.
- In the report header field enter: Weekly Budget Report mm/dd/yy
- Click “Start”.
- Report should appear on screen.
- Click “Print”.
- Choose the option that lets you email report to yourself.
- Go into email, copy report, and paste it into a Word doc.
- Format it in the following way:
- Font: Courier New
- Font size: 8
- Orientation: Landscape
- Margins (custom): Top .6, Bottom .4, Left .9, Right .4.
- Make sure the report displays correctly by ensuring a page number is at the top of every page.
- “Save” in Share drive > Weekly Budget Report > FY YY as wbrYYMMDD.
- Distribute report via e-mail to saved professional staff recipients list.