Technology Equipment and Media Loan Policy
General Equipment Loan Policies
- All patrons must have a valid University of Maine System ID card to use A/V equipment or media collections.
- Preference for equipment and computer use is given to those working on course related projects. Recreational email is not permitted on media lab computers.
- Duplication of materials is not permitted, except under special circumstances. See staff if you have questions.
Equipment Available for Check Out
- 36 wireless Laptop computers (4 hour loan)
- 2 Canon digital camcorders (24 hour loan)
- 3 digital Nikon CoolPix cameras (24 hour loan)
- 2 Marantz PMD660 professional quality digital audio recorders (24 hour loan)
- 4 Garmin eTrex personal navigators
Media Loan Periods
|FORMAT||Students/Staff||Faculty/Professionals||All Others with ID|
|Audio cassettes||In-house only||7-day loan||In-house only|
|Compact discs||3-day loan||4-week loan||4-week loan|
|Laser discs||48-hour loan||4-week loan||4-week loan|
|Vinyl records||In-house only||4-week loan||4-week loan|
|Video cassettes||48-hour loan||4-week loan||4-week loan|
|DVDs||48-hour loan||4-week loan||4-week loan|
|Laptops||4-hour loan||4-hour loan||Not available|
|Camcorders||24-hour loan||24-hour loan||Not available|
|Digital cameras||24-hour loan||24-hour loan||Not available|
|Digital voice recorders||24-hour loan||24-hour loan||Not available|
|Audio cassette recorders||24-hour loan||24-hour loan||Not available|
|GPS units||7 day loan||7 day loan||Not available|
There is a 3 item check-out limit for all formats listed above.
Laptop Computer Policies
University of Maine Students, Faculty, and Staff will be allowed to sign out laptop computers for 4-hours per session. You will be asked to present your valid Maine Card to Circulation Staff at the time of check-out.
You are completely responsible for this computer while it is in your possession, should it be stolen or damaged. Each laptop costs over $1,500, please handle them with extreme care. If the equipment is damaged while in your possession, you may be billed for repair or replacement of the equipment, at the discretion of Fogler Library.
Fogler Library reserves the right to determine whether damage to the equipment was due to accident, abuse, or intentional misuse. Each incident will be determined per individual case. If the equipment is stolen while in your possession, you will be billed for the replacement of the equipment.
This policy is available on each laptop unit.