Cataloging: Audio Books
Purpose: These come as sets of: audiocassettes or sets of compact discs, or CD-ROMS or audiocassettes. They are a separate collection in the Listening Center.
- Pre-stamp = Audio Book
- Item location = olisa
- ITYPE (ty) = 112 (use ITYPE 70, if non requestable)
- MAT TYPE (b1) – the usual code for the format (0 cassette, 3 compact disk, 73 computer file – audio)
- When an item for an audio book is added to a bib record for another version (such as a print version) of the work:
- MAT TYPE = h for Audiobook.
- Add another 300 field for physical description of the audio book.
- Add a 511 field for the narrator (Audio Book narrated by …).
- Add a 700 field for the narrator.
- In item, insert an item message with the number of pieces.
- For each, use subject heading: 650 0 Audiobooks
- Spine label on container
- Call # label on each cassette
- Crack and peel bookplate inside container
- NO STRIP
NOTE: Pre-stamp Audio Books is two words. Subject heading Audiobooks is one word.
Return to Technical Services TOC