Cataloging: Science and Engineering
Purpose: To provide individual cataloging records in URSUS while using a shared call number to interfile with existing standards held in the Science and Engineering Center. No retrospective cataloging plans at present. Adopted in February 2007.
- New titles ordered through Monograph Acquisitions.
- Consult established call number table or previous examples and add to book slip
- See established series authority records in URSUS. Example fields follow:
- 490 1 ANSI Standards ; |vS3.13-1972
- 830 0 ANSI (Series) ; |vS3.13-1972 [Note: Need 490 and 830 for ANSI]
- 830 0 ASHRAE Standard ; |v90.1
- 830 0 British Standards Institute ; |vBS 8723-1:2005
- 830 0 IEEE Standards Collection ; |v1226-1998(R2004)
- 830 0 ISO Standards Series ; |vISO 281r
Full record examples:
ANSI (September 2014)
ASHRAE (October 2014)
- Pass on to copy cataloging staff.
- Staff search and download bib record for individual title
- Bib should include an 830 or 440 field for a series tracing
- Item record will include
- status – o library use only
- loc – osci
- Established call number
- volume field for standard number
- Physical processing
- Deliver to Science and Engineering
|BS (British Standards Institute)||SciRef
Return to Technical Services Table of Contents.