Fogler Library Faculty Newsletter 5-4-2021
Publish and Thrive Challenge, Additional JSTOR collections available through June 2022, Fogler Library Summer Hours
- Publish and Thrive Challenge
- Additional JSTOR collections available through June 30, 2022
- Fogler Library Summer Hours
Featured Resource: New York Times (Historical and Present Day)
The Historical New York Times (1851 to 2017) offers searchable full text, with full page and article images (PDF). This resource includes articles, reviews, advertisements, comics, photos, maps and graphics, editorials, letters, and obituaries. For current full text, the New York Times on ProQuest provides coverage of the US newspaper of record from 1999 to the present. Offers in-depth coverage of national and international news, plus transcripts of important speeches and documents, Supreme Court decisions, and presidential press conferences.
1. Publish and Thrive Challenge
May 17 – May 21
Online via Email
Join Fogler Library the week of May 17-21 for the Publish and Thrive Challenge! Each day, for five days, you will receive an email with brief tasks designed to build your publishing acumen, including identifying where to publish and present your work, understanding your rights as an author, and increasing the visibility of your work. Additionally, you will have opportunities to share your own insights and experiences and hear from UMaine faculty and graduate students who are publishing and presenting in a wide range of disciplines. This is an online, asynchronous program, so you can work at your own pace!
RSVP to join us! Everyone is welcome to participate – this Challenge will be especially resonant for graduate students and early career scholars. This program is sponsored by Fogler Library and the Graduate School.
2. Additional JSTOR collections available through June 30, 2022
Several collections from JSTOR are now available for UMaine patrons until June 30, 2022. The collections include:
- Sustainability, a wide range of journals, ebooks, and more than 5,400 Open Access research reports in the field of sustainability.
- Security Studies, a wide range of journals, ebooks, and approximately 20,000 Open Access research reports in the field of security studies.
- Lives of Literature provides online full-text access to more than 100 literature e-journals not covered in other JSTOR collections, including UMaine’s Paideuma. The title list can be found here. Journals are available via a title search from Ejournals@UMaine.
- JSTOR Primary Sources, which includes
- Global Plants
- Struggles for Freedom: Southern Africa
- World Heritage Sites: Africa
- 19th Century British Pamphlets
You can access these JSTOR collections through the database trials page on our website.
3. Fogler Library Summer Hours
Fogler Library will continue to be open to UMaine patrons throughout the summer. Beginning Saturday, May 8, our summer hours will be in effect until Monday, August 30.