9-3 NRC Grant purchases (ra61)
Purpose: To facilitate the purchase of Canada-related materials through the National Resource Center on Canada grant (NRC grant)
- The NRC grant is a yearly grant that spans from August 16th to August 15th of the following year.
- The grant amount, the Mainestreet chartfield information, and the Fogler translation account number changes every year.
- On August 16th, contact the Canadian-American Ctr for the grant amount and chartfield information for the upcoming year.
- Give the Mainestreet chartfield information to the library financial manager. They will provide a library translation account number.
- In the external fund table in Sierra, replace the account number from the previous year with this new account number (See: 4-2 Updating external fund account numbers)
- Update the appropriation amount in the “Funds” section of Sierra (See: 4-3 Fund adjustments)
- Ordering and invoicing for the new grant year can begin. Note that Proquest/Coutts orders can take several months to arrive so items ordered in the spring of a grant year may not arrive in time to be paid by the August 15th deadline. For this reason, ordering as early in the grant year as possible is recommended.
- Use the Sierra fund code ra61 for these orders
- Materials (books) are primarily purchased through Proquest (formerly Coutts). Databases from other vendors are sometimes purchased.
- Save copies of all invoices for that grant year in a SharePoint folder along with a spreadsheet listing all of these invoices. When spending for a grant year is complete, forward this file to the Can-Am Ctr for their own record keeping.