WLBZ Radio Collection Features Streaming Audio, New Content
The WLBZ Radio Station collection now incorporates a new streaming audio feature available in DigitalCommons@UMaine. Users no longer need to download the audio file, but can instead click within each record to listen to the audio.
Since the end of March, fifty new recordings have been posted, with a combined running time of nearly 13 hours and more than 200 pages of transcribed text. Here are a few notable recent additions:
- President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s return from the Atlantic Conference via Rockland, 1941
- Record-breaking launch of eight ships on one day from Maine shipyards, 1942
- Pierre Monteux and his school for musical conductors in Hancock, 1952
- Civil Defense Department coverage of an atomic bomb test near Las Vegas, including a description by a Bangor resident, 1955
- President Eisenhower’s address in Skowhegan, 1955
- An interview with the first woman to complete the Appalachian Trail, Emma Gatewood, 1957
- St. Regis Paper Company Log Drive on the Machias River, 1957
- Documentary on Edmund S. Muskie produced in 1968
- President Carter’s Town Meeting in Bangor, 1978
For more information, contact Fogler Library Special Collections at 207.581.1686 or email@example.com.