COVID-19 Update on Print Reserves for Summer Courses
Fogler Library has resumed offering print reserves as of June 9, 2021. Faculty who are teaching this summer are welcome to contact our Circulation Department to place an item on reserve.
Reserve houses readings for UMaine courses submitted by University departments and organizations. Reserve materials are either physical (at the desk) or electronic (online).
- Valid UMaine ID required for hardcopy reserves.
- Loan periods are either 4-hour or 2-day (specified by instructor).
- 3-item limit.
- Reserve material is neither held nor renewed.
- Materials must be returned to the Reserve Desk.
- Fines are assessed at $2.00/first hour overdue and 25 cents/hour thereafter. Patrons are charged a replacement fee for materials not returned.
1. Search reserves in our catalog to look up your course and/or instructor
a. Search reserves by course number or instructor.
b. Select appropriate course if more than one is listed.
2. Click on first title listed, it provides access to all eReserves.
1 ACCESS ELECTRONIC RESERVES
3. Read instructions and click where it says “CLICK HERE” to login using your MaineStreet credentials.
REGISTER your first time.
BOOKMARK courses every semester under Student Tools > Search Courses. Either select each instructor using menu or enter each course number (e.g., ABC 123) and click the plus icon to add.
For HELP go the Reserve Desk, call 207.581.1641, or email email@example.com
4. Enter your MaineStreet credentials at login page.
a. First-time only: Complete registration page.
b. Each Semester: Select your courses and bookmark them.
i. In the left navigation menu, go to Search Courses.
ii. Either select each instructor using menu or enter each course number (e.g., ABC 123) and bookmark by clicking plus (+) icon. Make sure that you select Orono (ORO) courses only.
5. Select Main Menu to view your bookmarked courses or follow steps in 4b (above) if no bookmarked courses appear.
6. Select any course. When readings appear, click on any item to retrieve it. Add frequently viewed items to your Hot List, by selecting the respective check boxes and clicking the “Add checked items to Hot List” button at the bottom of the page.
1. Before going to Reserve Desk access: http://www.library.umaine.edu
a. Select Reserves tab, located at upper-center portion of page.
b. Search reserves by course number or by instructor
c. Select appropriate course if more than one is listed.
d. Physical items are loaned for short periods (typically 4 hours). Lengths of loans vary by course. Check the Course Note heading at top of page for more information. Most items are limited to library use only.
e. Examine list of readings arranged alphabetically by title.
f. Check under Call Number column for title availability before you go to desk. Any item status other than AVAILABLE means it is in use.
g. Note titles that you need.
h. Bring your MaineCard (required to check-out materials).
2. Go to Reserve Desk
a. Inform attendant of needed item(s) to expedite retrieval. You may borrow up to three items at once.
b. Present your MaineCard.
c. You will be informed of when the items are due at check-out.
d. Return materials to Reserve Desk.