Group Study Rooms
- Priority use: Tutor Program and Writing Center staff.
- UMaine students only.
- Group study use only. Rooms not available for meetings: clubs, organizations, councils, committees, etc.
- Reservations required. Schedule rooms at Circulation Desk up to 3 weeks in advance. Note: During the first weeks of each semester, reservations more than a day in advance will not be possible until Tutor Program and Writing Center establish semester hours.
- 3-hour maximum/group/day. Multiple individuals in a group may not make multiple reservations per day.
- Valid MaineCard required for room key.
- Room forfeited if vacant after first 15 minutes.
- Minimum group size, 3 (at all times), maximum, 8. Fewer or more persons must vacate room upon request. Exceptions: Tutor Program & Writing Center staff.
- Food and open drink containers prohibited.
- Removing/adding furniture prohibited.
- Obstructing windows prohibited.
- Library not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Library staff reserve right to enter rooms at all times.
- Return key/vacate room no later than 5 minutes prior to end of session. Leave room in condition found and report any issues to Circulation staff.
- Disruptions/misuse may result in revocation of group study room use privileges.
Reserving a Room
All room reservations are processed at the Circulation Desk.
1. Read group study room policy carefully.
2. Bring your MaineCard to Circulation Desk
3. Staff will determine availability and reserve accordingly.
4. Make note of reservation date and times.
5. At reservation time, bring your MaineCard to Circulation Desk for key check-out. Only the person who requested reservation may check-out key.
6. Important: Key is due back at Circulation no later than 5 minutes prior to end of reserved time (either 25 or 55 after the hour). Rooms are inspected after each use. Key must be ready for next group at either the bottom or top of hour. Person who reserved room is liable for any damage.
Wall Display Connectivity Kits
- Group Study Rooms have LED TV wall displays.
- Connectivity Kits are available for loan at Circulation.
- Each kit contains an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) cable; Display Port to HDMI adapter (Windows); Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter (Macintosh); and remote control.
- All Library laptops (not netbooks) on loan at Circulation are plug-and-play using the Connectivity Kit HDMI to Display Port adapter. Kit instructions (PDF 316KB).