Presentation Practice Room
The Presentation Practice Room, located on the second floor of Fogler Library, is available for reservation by students. The space allows you to practice, refine, rehearse timing and slide transitions, and record oral and multimedia presentations for classes and seminars, conferences, teaching preparation, and events.
To reserve the room, please go to the Circulation desk on the first floor of the library.
Please note: the equipment in the room is intended to be used with cloud services, so it’s best if you email your presentation to yourself or save it to Google Drive in advance. You will not be able to attach your own laptop or a travel drive to the equipment. Instructions for using the Presentation Practice Room are available online and will be posted in the room.
Presentation Practice Room Policies
Please read the following policies carefully. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of access to this room.
- The room can be reserved by University of Maine undergraduate and graduate students only.
- The room can be reserved for up to two hours. At the end of your time, you may extend your reservation by an additional hour if the room has not been reserved by someone else.
- A valid MaineCard is required for room reservation and key pick-up.
- The student who reserved the room must checkout the key and is also liable for damages.
- If the rooms is unreserved, access is first-come, first-served.
- The room is intended for users to practice presentations. It is not available for meetings, seminars, video conferences, or group study.
- Food is not permitted in the room. Covered drinks are allowed.
- The Presentation Practice Room is not soundproof. Please be courteous to other library users by keeping the door closed and limiting loud noises.
- Please do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- Do not cover windows or block doors.
- Do not leave items unattended in the room.
- The room key is due five minutes prior to end of reserved time (25 or 55 minutes after the hour).